Thursday, April 2, 2020

Damn, Damn, and Double Damn


Ice storm last night which left the sidewalks where I live slick.

The dog needs to do his morning business, so being smarter than the average bear, stayed to the grass, except…… crossing from one patch to another, had to cross a sidewalk.

Yep, fell on my ass. Landed on my already sore right shoulder. Hurts!

The $25 walk in back quack is closed for the duration,  so it is cowboy up. I’ve done it before. I didn’t like it before anymore than I do now.

Upside? Did this outside the apartment of the retired pastor; he had his patio door open, so if he had never heard that eloquent cursing before, that gap in his life experience has been filled.

11 comments:

Ami said...

Oh hell.
I'm sorry.

Brig said...

Dang, hope your better soon. I've gotten pretty careful since my last trip & fall ended up in the ER for stitches.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
I've been here before so am not worried, just irritated.

Ami
Me too!!!

drjim said...

Damn....I've fallen on icy concrete as a young man, and it about knocked me out!

Maybe time for some of those strap-on high-grip "soles" that go over your regular shoes.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
I have two pair. The brand Name is "YakTrak". They work well so long as there is ice/snow/mud. Forget to take them off when walking on a hard, dry surface and you are in jeopardy.

The thing I didn't factor was a 65 lb Lab pulling on the leash. Even with a special harness to help control him, he can be a "load". Especially when he is on his way to see the "Treat Lady", part of the morning ritual.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Yes, dogs can ~ and often do ~ pull us off balance. Our dog pulls so much I don't walk her anymore, my hubs does it. Last summer she pulled him over too. We should have trained her better :-)

Hope you recuperate soon, and that spring warms up and removes the threat of ice!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

He is usually good.

drjim said...

Should have known you'd have some "foot gripper traction devices"!

Our dog is smaller than Banner, but she's built like a brick you-know-what, weighs 68lbs, and can pull as hard as Big Boy!

I've had her almost take me off my feet when she gets scent of something she really wants to investigate...

LL said...

I'd really feel bad if you broke your hip.

You'd feel worse, of course.

Gripper soles, and maybe some sort of walking stick with a spike to put in the ice?

Old NFO said...

Ouch... on both parts...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
What was needed was a glass belly button so I could see where I was going with my head up my ass. Just a lapse in concentration, this time.

OldNFO
Yep!