Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lockdown


My apartment complex now has the first confirmed case of coronavirus. The complex is administered by the county housing authority.  Their protocol is to close the building to non residents and to close all common areas inside.

How long this will last is in limbo.






The “word” is the victim was placed on a respirator but has been removed from the respirator and is recovering.
Poor Dog
Banner misses his morning visit with the “Treat Lady” and attention from the members of the Coven. Treat Lady held a  shorthanded Coven meeting this morning in her apartment. Banner and I were summonsed.

Hallways


Some of the ladies like to put up displays outside their doors.

Colorado Weather

Don’t like it? Stick around. Three mornings ago this sidewalk was a sheet of ice.

Serious Business

       
My sister has devoted a large chunk of her life to this organization, as a volunteer. She receives no pay, and occasional expense stipends. For many years she has served on the board and is currently in the President Chair. The burden of dealing with the coronavirus impact falls upon her.

Salud has grown from a small rental building in Gilcrest, CO to a major health provider serving a community that would otherwise be without options. As the organization has grown, it has been a vehicle for training health care professionals. Now they are forced to start layoffs. The pain of that weighs heavily on my sister.

I’m a Salud client.
Traffic Accidents

My sister’s professional life is an Insurance Adjuster. She was telling me about a conversation with a Wyoming State Patrol Officer. He told her the accident rate is “way down”. A bright spot in this otherwise chaotic time?
Personal Impact

I’m blessed. My sons, my daughter-in-law, my grandchildren, and my vast number of relatives have, so far, stayed healthy. Middle son makes medical equipment and has stayed employed. DIL is in upper management and is now supervising the home workers, as her employer has gone in that direction. 

I laughed.
Food



Local supermarket chain King Sooper (Kroeger) will accept orders and deliver them to your car. As much as I hate lines, I’ve been doing this for some of our residents with health issues that are keeping them inside. The nearby store has eight stations, four for the west side and four for the east side (direction of approach) set up behind the store. This morning there must have been twenty vehicles waiting.
Local

I’m staying away from the national and international impact of this pandemic. Several bloggers on my sidebar are a better source for that intelligence.

Stay safe!

10 comments:

Greybeard said...

God Bless your "at risk" family.
I had to "mask up" a few times with patients aboard my helicopter. Temporarily doing that was uncomfortable, but really, just an irritation.
I pray for those now having to work full time with that risk.

R said...

I now know four folks in Seattle who have died, most recently the owners of a restaurant I used to be a regular at.

Sadly my part of the Midwest may be worse off than Washington at this point.

My employer finally shut down two weeks after I stopped going to work, I'm not sure if orders were down or if the authorities finally intervened (not plausibly essential despite their efforts to cling to a claim to the contrary). I'm fortunate to have a spouse with a very secure government job so I'm not going back to work until I'm satisfied it's safe to do so.

Hopefully your community fares better.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
I have a good supply of hand sanitizer from my three years as a medical courier. Same routine now as then. When I get into my vehicle the steering wheel, all knobs and switches, all levers and the door pull get treated. The only difference is not wearing gloves.

R

Well Seasoned Fool said...

R

My 49 year old autistic son lives in the Wallingford/Fremont district. I worry.

LSP said...

WSF, be assured of my prayers, not least for your son, daily. And, as a religious professional...

Fall upon your enemies and destroy them utterly! Use phosphorous, whatever.

DAMMIT! I slipped back into a previous life. Sorry.

PS. They do like to decorate the entrance to their apartments, I've noticed this over the years.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Thank you for the prayers. As a religious professional, you are entitled to draw upon the Old Testament.

drjim said...

Sweet Little Wife was sad to hear the news, but perked up when I told her of your "summons" to meet with the Coven and bring Banner along.

Let me know if we can do anything to help you guys. You're close enough that we consider you neighbors.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Thank you. So far, everything is under control.

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. Say healthy my friend. Give Banner some good walks, you'll both enjoy it.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
Daily walks, weather permitting.