Friday, October 6, 2017

Business Moral Quandary

Having known for some time a competitor has been after my employer's clients, I've held my own counsel. These things have a life of their own. I'm, by choice, a lowly part time driver at the very bottom of the food chain. Four stress relieving words. Not My Fucking Problem.

The competitor wants to hire me. Why not, I know the route and have all the certificates and completed tests. These are the people who first hired me. Then a medium sized company bought them out. Within weeks an international logistics company bought the medium sized company. 

The competitor has won the contract and my current employer will have no need for me in  less than two weeks.

The quandary is, do I give my current employer any notice I'm leaving? They haven't bothered to tell me my job is going away. Loyalty up, loyalty down? Don't think so.

Fuck'em.

7 comments:

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Romeo (my moniker for the hubby, lol) has worked hard, put in the extra effort, gone above and beyond ~ none of these things prevented his job from being given away or taken away. Employers are ALWAYS looking out for their bottom line, which is understandable. You need to always be looking out for you.

There was a time when the loyalty ran both ways, but not so anymore. Do what's best for you.

Flugelman said...

Yep, fuck 'em. Just quit a low pay, time filler after having failed retirement a second time. They don't show any loyalty down, there ain't any going back up. All the off the clock time to help make things better went un-recognized and un-appreciated so let them stew in the soup of their own making. I don't need the money and sure as hell don't need the aggravation. Fuck 'em.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

One of the reasons I quit working for large corporations.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Took this job to pay off co-pays and deductibles for my $170k pacemaker and complications. That has been accomplished.

What I enjoy doing is property inspections and handicapped compliance surveys. Sadly, my knees are so bad climbing steps is an issue. Bitch getting old.

Coffeypot said...

I want to feel loyal to anyone I work(ed) for, but time after time, they don't show loyalty to the masses. I say do what you feel is right for you.

Old NFO said...

That sucks...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Their contract ends next Wednesday. Manager got around to telling me but hasn't made a solid offer for anything but generalities. I'll probably go with the new/old company. Difference is a fifteen minute commute to a forty minute commute.