Thursday, April 30, 2015

Must Be Spring

We are seeing a profusion of the unofficial State flower on routes driven daily.

After six days of steady rain, everything is turning green. The rain, though I had to postpone some plans, was perfect for the crops and plant life in general. Soft, even rain around 2" per day. The Platte is running a bit high but clear, a good sight.

Lots of soft sweet smells as the leaves open and the flowering bushes bloom. Then, there is the aroma of freshly manured fields.

Birds are back, if they ever left, and lots of chirping.

There is an interesting piece of public art between the town Recreation Center  and Senior Center. A tribute to the agriculture in the area I suppose.


Decided to join the Senior Center. My health insurance has a "Silver Sneaker" benefit and my $22 annual Senior Center dues gives me free access to the Recreation Center. Way past time to start focusing on my physical fitness and start meeting new faces.

10 comments:

Scotty said...

Not to mention watching the fist fights at the BINGO games! ;-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Wow! Something to look forward too.

Momma Fargo said...

So fun! Watch out for those card sharks!

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the down time! And we've got those 'flowers' year round... dammit...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

And the pool sharks. I am the world's worst non blind pool player.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Just this morning the boss lady batted her baby blues at my and asked me to go to five days. Sorry, Brenda, no, no, no.

CenTexTim said...

I drive through Colorado construction zones once or twice a year on my way from TX to WYO and back again.

I have yet to see any actual construction taking place in said zones...

Old NFO said...

They must like your work ethic! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you, but more likely they think I'm a sucker.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Well, it provides an income for the cone rental companies. Utah is worse. They will close one lane for twenty five miles for a one mile repaving job (that starts next week).