Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NFL 2014







Nearly all my relatives are Bronco fans, including my daughter in law, FDIL.  She transcends “fan” to fanatic. All have been suffering terrible since the Super Bowl. My youngest son, married to FDIL, and I are Seahawk fans. We have had a lovely few months gloating and rubbing it in. Now a new season is upon us.

Two key date. Preseason, three days from now, the Hawks play the Donkey in Denver. Then, September 21st in the regular season, the teams play in Seattle.

I’m not sure the kinfolk will survive the Donkeys losing again. Of course, if the improbable happens and they win, some fifty or so folks will be gleefully coming after my hide.

Love can conquer all. Two years ago FDIL bought my son a very nice leather Seahawk jacket. In turn, around her, he restricts himself to a few quiet smiles. I'm not as restrained. Of course, I don't live there.


August 14th should be interesting. My cousins have an annual gathering to watch fireworks during the town’s founder’s day celebration. Will it be my Little Bighorn?

5 comments:

Scotty said...

My sports require racing fuels for the most part. Preferably nitromethane!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

You don't need to make me go to Bandimere at gun point.
http://www.bandimere.com/
Now I'm out of the car biz, don't get the comp tickets.

Old NFO said...

LOL, might be... :-D

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I can sense them Indian up on my off-side.

Scotty said...

I have a friend in NY that was a Snap On franchisee.....my source dried up after he retired too!!