Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Fool Story

Recently, a comment was made that the blog hasn’t had a FOOL story in a long time. How about a Utah stripper story?

Utah has a long history of wierd liquor laws. During the early 1970’s the action was mainly in “private” clubs.

One bright afternoon my procrastination in replacing a car battery caught up with me. The Mustang died but I was able to roll into a parking lot a few miles from home. Looking for a pay phone, I entered a private club.

Transitioning from harsh sunlight to a dim bar, my eyes took time to adjust. Standing just inside the entrance, nearly blind, I could vaguely seen a light colored form moving around in front of me. When the eyes finally focused, I was staring at a naked woman doing a dance. This wasn’t the first naked woman I had ever seen, but: Utah, afternoon, mind focused on finding a phone, it was a shock.

I assume my expression was the reason she, and most of her spectators, were laughing and making crude remarks (think “turnip truck” was mentioned).

While they were having their fun I found a pay phone and called the wife. After discussing which vehicle to bring and my location, she wanted to know where I was calling from, what was the background noise? My totally honest answer, in a bar watching a stripper, wasn’t well received.

4 comments:

suz said...

HaHaHa! "Turnip truck" may have been dead-on! Were you too young to know there are things you JUST DON'T TELL your wife, innocent or not? I hope when she arrived, you were sitting in the car, sweating, without so much as a can of soda in your hand! If so, it may have shortened your stay in the doghouse...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

The nice people in the club made me an invited guest and bought me a beer. I did manage to exit and be at the car when she arrived.

Old NFO said...

LOL- One case where honesty DIDN'T pay off... :-) (free beer IS free beer though)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Beer tasted great; it was a hot day. The rest? Don't marry a "bad boy" and expect him to change.