Monday, September 2, 2024

Immigrants, Seeking to Assimilate to a Better Life

Welcome to Venezuela Norte

Sanctuary city Denver welcomed some 4,500 Venezuelans in recent years. Yearning for freedom and opportunity, they only want to assimilate per the (P)regressive narrative. The reality is somewhat different.

MORE

and

MORE

This, along with the cartel drug gangs and gang bangers makes one yearn for the simpler times of outlaw motorcycle gangs.

While Denver leaders piss and moan, Aurora is different. The term limited mayor, Mike Coffman, marine and former Congressman has the backing of most of the community to fight back. His successor, Mayor Pro Temp Dustin Zyonek, is of a like mind.

ADDENDUM

MORE

Wolves

The wolves are to be relocated. Where? Who knows at this point? Of course, per the environazis, the fault lies with the ranchers whose livestock is being killed.

MORE

Red Desert

The B.L.M. wants to lock up the area as reported in a recent blog. Now this news. Is a showdown looming?

MORE

Those of us old enough remember many uranium boom and bust events. Will this be just another or will the overall political environment allow this country to enjoy economic energy?

With the passing of Senator Harry Reid (D) (Corrupt) Nevada, will the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository be finished and used?

ADDENDUM

This from LL Virtual Mirage

** Uranium Energy (UEC.A) said on Tuesday it restarted uranium production at its Christensen Ranch operations in Wyoming, with shipments expected in November or December. Uranium is the most widely used fuel for nuclear energy. According to the International Energy Agency, with a global push for clean energy, nuclear generation could roughly double by 2050, and so should supply. With a rebound in uranium prices, miners are planning to restart defunct mines to boost the domestic supply of nuclear reactor fuel at a time when the country gets most of its fuel from Russia

Timothy McVeigh

People still remember he used ammonium nitrate base to carry out the OKC bombing. Understandably, concerns are raised when 30 tons of the stuff disappears. The whole story can be found here but the Cliff Notes is faulty latches allowing 30 tons of fertilizer to be spread over 1500 miles of railroad tracks.

MORE

Tenth Anniversary 

Sisty is far better at keeping track of dates. Heart problem, bradycardio, where the heartbeat is too slow to keep enough blood flow to the brain, caused me to face plant. Two days later a pacemaker was implanted. Spending Labor Day Weekend in ICU isn’t my fondest memory. No problems since, and with eight years of  battery life left, I should be good to go for awhile.

About a month later my nose was reworked from the several times I used it to hit a fist.

Nearly three years later I finally paid off the co-pays.

Bird Hunting

A neighbor was an avid bird hunter until heart problems, diabetes and losing a leg stopped him. I shared with him my one and only bird hunting experience. I was around 18, friends invited me to hunt pheasants, and one loaned me a single shot 20 gauge. We were hunting in a harvested corn field. I saw a pheasant running between rows and shot him. My friends were upset; explained that you must shoot them while flying. When the day was over we had harvested exactly one pheasant.

This neighbor relives working with dogs by scattering treats along the hall for Banner who now goes up the hall moving and sniffing from side to side.

A Memorable Wedding Ceremony

MORE

When the lovely Karen Larsen and I exchanged vows a thunderstorm was forming. During the reception it passed over the town of Steamboat Springs with golf ball sized hail. My aunt Nancy, peering out a window, exclaimed, “Well, I’ve always said when Frank got married all hell would break loose”.

We are a family noted for positive affirmations.

 As always, YMMV

8 comments:

MrLiberty said...

OKC was a government false flag. Period.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Could be. I don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion.

Ami said...

My dad used to hunt pheasants. Saved a ton of feathers and taught me how to tie flies. I made some crazy flies for him. The more weird they looked, the more fish he caught. Huh.

I'm laughing at the hail storm wedding. There has to be a message there somewhere, right?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

My dad tied his own flies and I learned from him. My go to was a "Royal Coachman". More of a subsistence hunter/fisherman than a 'sportsman', my fish for supper setup was a spinner with a worm. My mother would not eat fowl of any kind so we never hunted birds.
My flies would never win prizes but caught a lot of fish.

Wild, wild west said...

I'll never believe those two azz-holes from Herrington (Kansas) were smart enough to have ginned that up all by themselves.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Lots of shit happening around that time. Ruby Ridge, OKC, Waco, Fast and Furious. One set of fingerprints belonging to Eric Holder seems to appear too often for a coincidence.

jeff d said...

Should be easy enough to confirm the hopper leak theory on the fertilizer. Fly over the tracks used, if they are lush and green compared to surrounding tracks, pretty good indication it leaked.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Makes too much sense for a federal agency.