Friday, September 23, 2022

Encouraging

These arrived in the mail yesterday to our 96 unit building. Next to the mailboxes is a trash can. Very few ended up in the trash can.

Seniors tend to vote more than most demographic groups and this indicates to me my neighbors are taking this election as important. Two years ago the trash can was overflowing.

Inflation is now the topic of conversation in our common areas. With most residents on fixed incomes, Section 8, etc., inflation bites hard.

Several neighbors have told me they regret voting for Biden.

If, and this is a big if, we have honest elections this may be a turning point in our country.

A recent newsletter from the Veterans Administration encouraged vets to become poll watchers; that there is a shortage of poll watchers nationwide. I’m not doing it for one reason, a 45 minute bladder.

As always, YMMV.

(Maybe someday I will learn how to get photos to post the way I want – someday)

 

7 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

Several neighbors have told me they regret voting for Biden.

I'm surprised they will admit it. To be fair, it didn't matter. It was stolen anyway.

LL said...

I hope that it's an honest vote. That may be a forlorn hope, but we can wait and see how it all falls out.

Greybeard said...

Justin NAILS IT.
Find and watch Dinesh D'Souza's "2000 Mules".
Our Republic is lost.

When do we start over?

drjim said...

I think we're either at, or have passed, the point where "There Ain't No Voting Our Way Out Of This Mess"....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Justin
True.
LL
Likely forlorn but some states will do better than last time.
GB
Let is hope not.
DrJim
Hope we at "at".

Note to all. History: Tricky Dicky and the GOP cheated Hubert Humphrey.

Old NFO said...

Here's hoping too!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
We will see just how badly the system is compromised but apathy should be less of a factor.