Friday, April 16, 2021

Only for Sisty


 

There was an insurance professional’s conference in town my sister helped organize. Part of the conference was a speech contest. Judges were needed.

Scrapping the bottom of the barrel, she asked me to be one of the judges. She is my sister; am I going to say, “No?”

Wearing the only tie I own (twenty or so went to Goodwill a few years ago), coat and wingtips, I showed up.

The residents of the apartment building only see me in casual pants and long sleeve T-shirt (occasional Polo shirt). My attire caused a stir. That will give the Coven a new topic to gossip about; just part of my public service!

7 comments:

LSP said...

Very sharp! I need to follow your lead and tighten up. No one's impressed by a hippy, except Dems, and that's chicanery.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Thank you. My usual attire is "frugal redneck".

Ami said...

Ha, my usual attire is 'Thrift store modern'.
You look... respectable!

LL said...

I've always thought of wardrobe as "costume" and you need the right one for the event. The mask is strange, but we live in strange times. I don't wear fancies when I'm at the White Wolf Mine, but there are times other than funerals that you need to show respect.

I'm sure you were a splendid judge.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
That coat came from an overstock outlet.

LL
I too understand the costume concept. I will dress where respect is warranted like funerals, wdings, etc. Back in the day my dry cleaner bill was nearly equal to my food bill. Now retired, I dress as I please.

Sisty said...

My Brudder was well received by the attendees and did his due diligence as a judge. I am appreciate him stepping in at close to the last minute. Repayment will be long and painful for me.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sisty
Nothing overt until a time/place calls for it.