Thursday, May 17, 2018

Bitching



While making no claims for great intellect, I am irritated by laziness and stupidity. Previous posts have detailed problems with my camping trailer.

For curiosity sake, I put an ad on Craigslist. Included were several pictures and a YouTube link showing a similar trailer being unfolded and set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjW9ZnxsXw

 Pictures included were of  my trailer erected and pictures of the broken attachment.

A price was included along with a, “Will trade for IIA items”. Craigslist frowns on firearm sales.

Responses? Questions as to what IIA means. I answer, “2  Amendment”. Then a follow up question as to what 2 Amendment means. WTF????

Latest response.

“Hi, I’m interested in your trailer. Can you give me more information?”

 I haven’t responded. Gad, reminds me of stupid people at the car lot.

My youngest son made a snarky remark on my Facebook page about JB Weld, floor jacks, and redneck repairs. Can’t bitch slap him 1200 miles away but he started me thinking about epoxy and a metal bar. Take the bracket off the frame, epoxy it on top of a metal strip, then epoxy the metal strip to the frame. 


You can take the boy off the ranch but ……………

I want to keep the trailer. The problem is the design is not stout enough for the places I like to go. Maybe I’ll go back to the air mattress in the back of the pickup.

My luck with RVs isn’t the best. Bought this gem, perfect for my needs, but couldn’t keep it running.

My late buddy, Dirty Al Imhoff, gave me a 32’ Southwind after he bought a Prevost. That threw a rod in the Columbia Gorge. 

Around 1999, bought  a 26’ bumper pull.  My youngest son lived in it for two years. That got sold after he moved out because, used car whore I am, a large gross profit turns me to jelly.

Oh well, all the turmoil is keeping me out of the bars.

No comments: