Thursday, March 15, 2018

Bland and Boring


The Unalaska Police blotter was so entertaining when Officer Jennifer Shockley was writing it. Compare how mundane the city I live in is in comparison.


Not to say there isn’t serious crime. This month two major illegal marijuana operations were busted.


Guess I’m naïve. We have legal marijuana here. The only real impact I’ve noticed is neighboring state law enforcement is quick to pull over vehicles with Colorado plates for any kind of traffic violation, some real, and then want to do a search.

Maybe bland is good?  

8 comments:

drjim said...

The state wasn't getting their cut (taxes), so the operation had to be shut down.

21st century revenuers!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

You are probably correct. I should point out Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams is as straight arrow as they come. Also one damn smart cop.

Coffeypot said...

With all those chinks being locked up, I guess the dog and cat population will be on the rise again.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Tsk, tsk.

Momma Fargo said...

I just drove through Boulder, Lyons, and parts of downtown Denver. Those places stink to high heaven. I thought I was going to puke. Really. It was so strong and nauseating. How can you stand it? At least in Wyoming, the wind would blow it away. It think the smog in Denver is now green. BTW...how can you have an illegal marijuana operation in a state where it is legal. They passing ditch weed off as good recreational bud? Asking for a friend..

Momma Fargo said...

Whodathunk when we called Colorado "greenies" it would move to be fitting of the marijuana era?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

If you are in Estes, I will be there tomorrow morning around 8am. Buy you coffee?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Seems Colorado has become a grow state for distribution to other parts of the country. Don't know what it means or why. I've been told the street price of illegal weed is way below legal weed. Legal weed is better quality. Since I last partook was 1970, my knowledge is third hand at best.