Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Am A Scofflaw

A Red Light Ticket arrived by mail. $75.00. What I did was turn right, after stopping, where a right turn on red is prohibited. A very convoluted intersection where the lights take "forever" to change. Yes Sisty, no patience. Bite me.

In Colorado, you must be served within 90 days, or the ticket isn't valid. The "service" costs you an additional $30.00. The offense occurred twenty miles away in another municipality.

On one hand, my vehicle is registered to a P.O. Box. Serve that! There are at least four people in this town with my name. Sort that out, server!  On the other hand, I drive in the issuing city several times a week. If I am pulled over for something else, BINGO! So do I meekly pay the fine? Hell No! I hate the whole concept of red light and speeding cameras.

The intersection.


4 comments:

Ami said...

have you considered fighting the ticket? At least have the fine reduced? Did the ticket come with a return receipt or any sort of proof of delivery?
Hm.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Ami. Hard to fight. Four photos. My face, the back of my car with license plate, and two of my moving into the intersection.

The law is I must be served in person.

I will have many weeks of nasty letters from the city and then collection agencies.

I may end up paying it but will be a pain in the ass until the last moment.

Old NFO said...

Ouch that IS a screwed up intersection!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Congestion city. Not many intersections in metro Denver that are busier.