Friday, July 12, 2024

Something Different and Not Political

 

Leadville Railroad

My Sister (Sisty) and I are railroad fans from our youth.  To celebrate my 80th trip around the Sun, she treated us to a trip on the Leadville Railroad.

https://leadvillerailroad.com/

The trip was interesting, the fellow passengers mellow and friendly and the staff went overboard making sure everyone was enjoying the adventure.

 In no particular order here are a few pictures taken.















Thank you Sisty for a great day!

As always, YMMV

14 comments:

Ami said...

It looks like a really beautiful day, too. Happy birthday!!

drjim said...

Well Happy Birthday!

SLW and I might do the Georgetown Loop this year. She's rode it before, but not I.

jeff d said...

Happy Birthday WSF!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you. I was a perfect day.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Thank you. It is hard to wrap my mind around the idea of being 80.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Jeff d
Thank you.

Wild, wild west said...

A little train music for your birthday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-86tKcNMdg

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W.
Nice!

LSP said...

80th?!?

WELL DONE.

Looks like a beautiful trip.

Old NFO said...

Looks like an 'interesting' ride!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
It was. Most of the right of way is cut into a 60°+ mountainside. Built around 1890 by Irish and Chinese labor.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around being 80. Old joke. "I don't know how to act my age; I've never been this age before".

Sisty said...

WSF I was so happy to give you that present. It was an outstanding day and now we can plan our next adventure.

Dr. Jim, the Georgetown Loop is a shorter ride but very well worth it.

I love to remind WSF that he is older than me. Ha, Ha!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sisty
Always with the positive affirmations.