Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Dog's Fault

Banner News

Some readers like Banner stories. Last week, for the first time in the 4+ years he has lived with me, he didn’t attack his supper. The next day he was at the vet. Complete blood workup showed him slightly dehydrated but nothing else. He has unlimited access to water. Two days later he was his usual self. Despite my vigilance I suspect he ate something bad. Blasted dog will eat just about anything. Sisty suggests he just needed a good poop.

The vet noticed he has gained five pounds in six months. He suggested a change in dog food which has been taken.

The biggest reason for the weight gain is he has stopped taking me for walks.

Wind farms are wonderful?

Advertisement that appeard at the top of the Cowboy Daily. Somehow I don’t think that is ‘full disclosure’.

Wind Farm

Who knew coal is ‘green’?

I like learning new things and this is new to me.

Skin Care

The biggest question is how Kemmer/Diamondville will handle the housing and associated water and poop infrastructure to accommodate 12,000+ new residents?

Entrepreneur spirit

Are some politicians, all big government advocates, and many government employees operating with a perverted entrepreneur motivation? Empire building?

Model Citizen. Four Dui’s? 

Bad Girl

Dumb shits will be dumb shits. 

The gun grabbers are delighted by the actions of this dumb shit leaving a handgun in a state capital restroom. Naturally, the long term (P)regressive pimple on the Fourth Estate’s ass is all over the story.

MORE

 Your GPS is wrong

Map reading is a lost skill and people putting blind faith in their electronic devices are, IMO, deluded. Wyoming’s take on the issue? 

Blind Trust

In my paper hanging job, finding addresses is crucial. I have three separate GPS devices with me. Before I ever go out I use my computer to look at every address. Often, I will view a picture of the address. Getting wrong directions from one or more device happens so often I no longer even bother to cuss.

One example. I needed to find an address in Morgan Heights (Fort Morgan). I knew I was looking for a two story stucco three car attached garage house. Two GPS directions took me to the other end of the street. One wanted to take me to Castle Rock, CO.

My Congresswoman 

Liberal Loser

Hope she is a one term representative. I put the time and effort into a letter on an issue that mattered to me. Sent one copy to her local office and one copy to her D.C. office. No response/reply. Staffers probably file 13d it.

My sister approves of her. My sister has spent thirty years of her life as a volunteer in a community health organization. Caraveo is a strong supporter. Sorry Sisty, I’m not a one issue voter.

Good and kind people

This morning I was reminded there are good and kind people in the world. My neighbor across the hall is 87 and in declining health. A resident of our building is taking her to see her doctor. This person, a LDS widow, is constantly helping others. She takes care of their dogs when they are in the hospital. She takes others grocery shopping. She does all of these acts of kindness quietly and without any fanfare. Some of her acts are motivated by her religious beliefs but I think mainly she does it because she is simply a good and caring person.

IMO, in our day to day lives we overlook how many good people are in our world.

PETA

They recently held a rally at the Wyoming capitol building. Other than the four protesters, nobody showed up. I’m not bothering to link the article.

Firearms control

The tyrants never stop with a death by thousand cuts against legal and lawful firearms owners (I don’t use “gun” unless talking about smooth bores).

Fiddling while Rome burns

What this effort should be labeled is avoiding serious issues while appearing to “DO SOMETHING” with a seasoning of hysteria.

As always YMMV

5 comments:

Debbie Morris said...

Speaker Johnson said... :"Today, I signed the articles of impeachment for Secretary Mayorkas. Tomorrow, they will be delivered to the Senate. The border catastrophe is the number one issue for the American people” .

We must hold those who engineered it like Chuck Schumer to full account!
We don't have an illegal immigration catastrophe because of some Stupid Bill that didn't pass. We have an illegal immigration catastrophe because that is EXACTLY what the Democrats CREATED when Joe Biden took office.

drjim said...

Of course we like Banner Stories! He's part of your family, and as such gets our respect. We're going to check out a dog tomorrow down in Loveland at the Humane Center Shelter.

Wind farms are money sinks. The only way they can show a profit is through Creative Accounting Practices, NOT the mechanical/electrical (and run-time hours) efficiency of the damn things. Huge "sunk cost" that never gets recovered.

"Empire Building"....saw a lot of it at various employers. One of our in-laws' fathers worked for Northern Water his whole career, and says there's just no way we can support the constant influx of new residents. The infrastructure we can build, but what if there's NO WATER to put in it?

The (alleged) Bad Girl is one of the reasons I keep a radio scanner running. The things you hear......

Hmmmm....VERY poor example of gun handling. HTF do you forget your pistol? Why was it even out of the holster? "Dumb Shit" is being very kind.

I don't blame the GPS. I blame the software developers who create these abominations. I ALWAYS map out a route first. Gee, the map says to turn left, but the icon shows an off-ramp to the left..........

I turn that stuff, and the voice prompts, OFF, and just use the map display, and my written instructions. If you use it like "Just A Map", it's pretty handy.

Good People don't get noticed as much because they're do "low key" about it. They just do it, not seeking any fame or even recognition. Thank God such people exist.

Old NFO said...

TIme to get back to making those 'laps' around the area! And yes, never trust the GPS!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
I hope you find a good dog and thank you for considering a shelter dog.

Wind farms will follow a tried and true pattern. As they age, they will be sold from one shell company to another then the last company will go bankrupt.

GPS should have an avoid ghetto function. One time trying to get around a Birmingham, AL traffic jam I used the detour function. The next thirty minutes was scary.

Old NFO
When you are right, you are right.

Salvatore said...

Where are all my Jewish Friends? ? I am not used to this Silence ! It is not the usual behavior of sitting back while these IDIOTS make fools at of themselves at my Jewish friends expense! This is not only just a Jewish issue, but an American issue. There is a movement that is radicalizing our youth and these radicals go will go after the Jews to start but if history have ever taught you anything, you know it never ends with just us.. Don’t your remember saying “NEVER AGAIN”? Well this is “AGAIN”
WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THOSE MORONS PARADING AROUND AND BREAKING OUR LAWS AT OUR EXPENSE.