Thursday, January 5, 2023

Annoying


 Wiggins, CO. Only railroad crossing in town with a 3 mile long empty eastbound train waiting for a 3 mile long loaded westbound train to pass. I knew a way around - saved 30 minutes.

The past few days have seen some large storms in the Nebraska Panhandle. This is Sutherland, NE.  I waited three days to do my assignments in the area.

Several wrecks are still waiting to be towed along I-80 and I-75. There are many more tracks where vehicles left the road and have been retrieved.

In years past I would have gone regardless. Am I older and wiser? Older, for sure; wiser or gutless?

8 comments:

drjim said...

Wisdom, my friend!

Old NFO said...

Both... LOL

Ed Campbell said...

Sounds like a wise decision to me. There are a bunch of other drivers on the road and I believe the overall skill level has gone down over the years. You have to take into account that you are sharing the road with some idiot and make your traveling decision accordingly.

Sign on wall at Doctor's office. In other words act like an intelligent adult?

Good luck with the surgery.

LL said...

Wisdom from long experience. Good judgment comes because of bad judgment.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Still, tatters my "Man"card.

Old NFO
Most Likely

Ed C
Slills? I wonder if all the new tech (traction control, lane assist, etc) has eroded basic skill levels?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
I've done enough bad judgement stunts that I should be a genius. Not there yet, so am keeping the course.

LSP said...

Well done, wisdom. I've yet to reach that point but Rome wasn't built in a day, consolingly.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
As seen recently on Falsebook.

Person: What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?
Me: Awfully bold of you to assume I've peaked.

I qualify!