Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Up To My Ass in Jackalopes


 It has been too long  since the last post. Reasons? 

Muse has been AWOL. 

Life, recently as f**ked up as a SP 5 at a Viet Cong reveille. Nothing major, just a series of little nit picking problems. 

Weather has put me way behind on my “part time” job. Yesterday drove 350 miles to NE Colorado, the Nebraska panhandle, and SE Wyoming. Some of the snowdrifts are six feet high.  

This week will be spent catching up on overdue assignments. New ones keep coming in. Folks, this economy, as most readers already know, is in trouble.

Christmas Day Sisty and I were treated to an evening of fun and great food courtesy of Every Blade of Grass and SLW. We got to meet Pebbles the Wonder Dog and examine the Supra. I’ve never seen a cleaner one.

Next week life may be less complicated.

As always, YMMV

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Do what you need to, we'll be around...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I appreciate that.

LL said...

Avoid the Polar Vortex, WSF. Oh, and don't eat yellow snow.

Anonymous said...

Them crazy Jack-o-lows will get you down. They should be “well seasoned” and prepare to be devoured.
Nevertheless there’s plenty more jack*sses here in our once fair county.
Still hanging out at the Rule105 every Tue evening a pickin and grinnin. The highlight of my week.
Merry Christmas btw
Franknbean

Wild, wild west said...

I know you watch the weather and road conditions, so won't bother warning you to be careful.

I did a construction project in a small town not far west of Scottsbluff 30+ years ago. Locals told us to be sure and get finished up by November, or we'd be snowed in for the winter. Sure enough, we got done right at November 1st, and I drove out thru 4" of snow getting out of there. Good times.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
High School years were spent milking cows and doing ranch chores in Steamboat Springs. We had a recording thermometer that went to -50°. Many times it was stuck at the bottom. Further down the Yampa River at Maybell -61° was recorded - state record. Yellow snow is for trust fund snots.

Frankbean
I'll make it some evening when I'm not working.

Www
Spent three years driving a medical courier route along US26 three times a week. The snow itself isn't the problem but the wind. Snow fences help.

Fool that I am, I keep going back. Next week have six assignments in North Platte.

drjim said...

Real familiar with The Muse going AWOL. Sometimes I just don't feel like posting, other times all I have is random bits of fluff.

I saw the videos and photos of the roads out East of here, and they got really hammered. I haven't seen snow like that since I lived in Illinois. This weather will kill you if you let it.

We were very happy to have you attend our little gathering. You got to meet The Clan, my son, and, of course, Pebbles. Thanks for the comment about the Supra. It wasn't anywhere near that nice when I bought it, but it was an "Honest Car". No accidents, clean CarFax, and unmodified. Rust-free from the California High Desert, and the original owners had it for 27 years.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

We enjoyed ourselves and like your "clan". Seeing all the youngsters enjoying themselves was a treat.