Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Respect??? Why?




A police officer showing disdain for traffic rules makes it difficult to respect other police officers.

What follows is a turn by turn description of the operation of a police motorcycle I observed today.

Today, at Denver International Airport, about 1255, turned left on East 75th Ave from Undergrove St. and headed west.  East 75th serves the airfreight and general aviation side of DIA. The speed limit is 45 mph. Soon I had a Denver Police Department officer on a motorcycle behind me. I wasn’t concerned because I had the cruise control set to the speed limit.  Didn’t stop him from following me way to close. Then, just past DHL, he crossed a double yellow line and blew past me. As he turned North on Jackson Gap Road he didn’t use his turn signals. Jackson Gap at that point has two lanes Northbound as it goes under Pena Blvd. He zipped over to the right lane. When the light turned green he accelerated and moved over to the left and the left turn lane to Westbound Pena Blvd. Again, no turn signal. He then flew Westbound on Pena across four lanes and pulled into a favorite honey hole across from the cell phone lot. 

I don’t think any case could be made that he was on an emergency run.

This officer may have a commission card and a badge but is, to me, just a fucking revenue generator along with the other five officers working within a four mile radius of the West side of DIA. YMMV


Am I anti-police? Hell no. I have  the greatest respect for peace officers. Not so much for cops.

6 comments:

drjim said...

I'd have to say that 95% -or more- of the cops I see here in SoCal NEVER use their turn signals.

And they're cut across multiple lanes of traffic without signaling, or using their lights.

It's disgusting!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

The ones I see setting an great example are the state patrol in Colorado and the surrounding states.

Old NFO said...

Rules are for thee, NOT for me... sigh

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Seems that way.

Coffeypot said...

Do as I say
Not as I do.
I do as I may,
The Rules are for you.
Another fine example of liberal Denver.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Perhaps the most undistinguished police force in the country.