Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Damn Drunks

This morning one of the hospitals we service had a belligerent drunk in the Emergency Room. The town is too small to support a detox facility. I felt so sorry for the staff trying to deal with him. A Deputy was standing by to haul his sorry ass to jail once the medical staff cleared the transfer.

I don't have a problem with people who over indulge but keep their manners (and aren't on the road). The assholes get to me. In the younger days when working crowd control, I enjoyed throwing their sorry asses out. I wouldn't have made it as a police officer, lacking more than rudimentary tolerance.

But WSF, what kind of drunk are you? Sunshine, I don't need alcohol to be obnoxious.

End of rant. YMMV

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, those assholes get my goat too... Absolutely cannot stand drunks that will mistreat a woman either.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Mistreat a woman, drunk or sober. Feel exactly the same way about a drunk woman. One son was in that kind of marriage.

Coffeypot said...

With mean drunks, it's sad to say, in my experiences you need to take them out sooner than later. Even if it means cold cocking them. But then I'd have to be drunk to do that. Kinda vicious circle. Oh well, I just stay away from them all together now days. And many deaths are alcholol induced, but we must turn in our guns. We can't stop the drinking, though. Tried that once, and that didn't work out to well. So, if must be Bush's fault.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Everything is Bush's fault. Replaced the old Kris Kristofferson song, "Blame it on the Stones". I'm way too old to deal with mean drunks.

Momma Fargo said...

Ha! I so believe that is true!

Anonymous said...

You know my story, Brudder. I agree with what you have said. I take umbrage that you are besmirching the 3 Stooges. They are my heroes. (Just poking ya, ya know)

Sisty

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Nuk, nuk, nuk.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

They do keep the po po busy