Friday, July 13, 2012

Domestic Violence


Domestic violence against men. Does it happen? Yes, it does.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/01/30/a-hidden-crime-domestic-violence-against-men-is-a-growing-probl/

My ex daughter in law has been in two marriages and at least two cohabitations. Every one of her partners has been arrested for domestic violence. She is the one who calls the police. She is 5’ tall. In this state, someone has to go to jail. I wonder if there is any data base listing the “victims” of domestic violence?  She has a conviction for vehicular assault; for running her first husband down with her truck.

Privacy concerns limit what I say here. Please accept I've had a lot of exposure, within my many relatives, children, ex spouse, etc., to this issue. For the record, I've never hit a woman but, damn, that mouth just keeps running. Walk away, we are told. OK, what about the safety of the minors in the home? Why  shouldn't the out of control woman be the one to leave?

I understand police officer’s frustrations with these calls. Two hot heads, often intoxicated,  and too often dangerous.  Major lying. Solution? Cuff and stuff one and let the courts sort it out.

Smarter people than me haven’t solved this problem. I do think every complainant needs to be looked at, at some point, to see if they are the problem. If they are habitual, they need to feel the weight of the law.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen.

I posted this of Facebook a few hours ago:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/the-state-of-play-for-men-domestic-violence/

Ami said...

I have to agree, only because I've seen a crazy drunk woman who beat the crap out of her husband(s), children, and anyone who happened to cross her path when she was drunk.

She died very young. Cirrhosis.

Old NFO said...

Concur!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Suz. Good information

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Ami. When it happened to me, the excuse was, "It's not like I can really hurt you." True, but why should I be a punching bag.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

This is why it is so vitally important for an abused man to report to the police and have it documented that he is the victim. Pride aside, it might not only save his life (literally) but a whole bunch of headache with the social services and judicial system. Saved our family at little bit of grief.

Sisty