Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back Home II


Back from my excellent adventure and then a six day 4,200 mile trip to SW Florida. Nice, drama free trip other than traffic jams in major cities and construction/paving. Whenever I'm in the South I get reminded of the power and intensity of Southern rain storms. Almost prefer a Wyoming ground blizzard. Best thing in the South? The people! Manners are still alive.

The boss keeps sending me on these trips. Is it because of my great skills? Or, "Honored Citizen" status, AAA, NRA, American Legion, etc., memberships that get motel discounts?

7 comments:

FDIL said...

Hmmm, I thinking keeping you out on the long distance trips has more to do with keeping you out of the office than it does with any discounts. LOL I know it makes our roads safer when you're out of state! LUV YA!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Just remember, all your children watch how you drive and will follow your example!(And I have ridden with you for 3,000+ miles). Kind of like the maniac calling the lunatic crazy, don't you think?

Old NFO said...

I wuz thinking about the out of the office thing... Just didn't want to say it :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
That, from the world traveler? And your employer sends you because???

Old NFO said...

I'm an unmitigated PITA when I'm in the office :-) I ask all the impolitic questions nobody else will touch...LOL THAT is why I keep getting trips...LOL

FDIL said...

Nobody said I wasn't a lunatic! LOL After all, I have to have a little lunacy to make me so compatible with your son's crazy! LOL And besides, I am and excellent driver! In and out of the driveway on Sunday, never on Monday, only on Sunday. I am an excellent driver. And those 3000 miles can not be held against me. I was not in my right mind and was just little pre-occupied! LOL

Well Seasoned Fool said...

FDIL Excellent points.

Please consider: 1) I spend ten to fifteen minutes in the office at the start and end of the shift. Yes, I know, enough time. 2) Your husband's mental condition is, in part, the result of his upbringing and influence of parents, genetics, etc. In many ways he is, however, a self made man.