Monday, January 26, 2009

I am a Democrat -Yuck!

Daily I receive emails from various Democrat groups. The overall theme is gloating but always asking for money. This past election I held my nose and voted for McCain - the first Republican I voted for since Ford.

I think Obama is going to make the left real unhappy; that he will "betray" them. What do they expect from a Chicago politician? As a Bluedog Dem, the names Pelosi, Schumer and Reid make my gut hurt.

My District 7 Congressman doesn't think anyone needs an "assault rifle". His GOP opponent this past election was long on rhetoric (His web page headlined, "My opponent is a life long bureaucrat") and short on solutions. We need good bureaucrats to get the public works done (roads, schools, insurance companies, corporate management, etc.). He never said he was a bad bureaucrat. As a 2nd amendment supporter it bothered me to vote for Perlmutter but his opponent was the worst kind of Republican; don't think, don't find a middle ground - it's my way or the highway, Tom Delay type. Of course, Pelosi is the same. Different politics but the same methods.

I really dislike all the Bushes. Long time Coloradians may understand what I mean when I call them sleazy Texas slickers. George the Elder was CIA head at the end of Vietnam. Seems he was in a good position to do something about our MIA/POWs. He did squat! Son Neal? Hello, Silverardo Savings and Loan.
Then there is George the 2nd. He puked his National Guard assignment then went on to create a 100 year debt for Texans to build a baseball stadium.

The question for me is where does the conservative democrat fit?

1 comment:

Pens Of The abyss said...

I would love to be able to reply with some witty political comment. But all that is over my head. I think thy are all pretty screwed up and i think there all liars.