Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dirty Al Spin

Elaborate verbal practical jokes at our car lot were known as "spins". Among the best was put together by Dirty Al. Shortly after we opened one Sunday morning he came to my desk with the Sunday paper opened and a lottery ticket.

"Check my lottery ticket", he requested. "I don't have my glasses". He had purchased a lottery ticket that morning with the previous day's winning numbers. He was keeping me from "hawking" the telephone but the quickest way to get rid of him was to check. Not looking at the date on the ticket I checked the numbers. Shocked, I saw all six matched. For just a moment the temptation to bolt out the door with the ticket was overwhelming. Next came jealousy. I handed him his ticket and said, "Congratulations Al, looks like you have won 9 million dollars". The showroom was in an uproar with everyone congratulating Al. He started babbling in Latin and whatever other tongues he knew from being a soldier of fortune while rushing back and forth. Then he said, "No! God didn't mean this to happen" and set the ticket on fire. After two salesmen tore the ticket away from him he laughed and said, "Spun you, didn't I!" After all of us thoroughly cursed him we went back to work.

1 comment:

Pens Of The abyss said...

Lol. Thats god story telling right there. I could just see that faces of the guys when he set the ticket on fire.