Sunday, July 16, 2023

Stirring the Pot - My Favorite Activity

Democrat Dissenters

Colorado House of Representatives

MORE

Hope this ends business as usual. Interesting that newly elected Democrats are doing this.

Policing

In my youth I was told, bluntly, by a Sheriff that with my temper I was not suitable material for law enforcement. He was correct. This, from our local rag, would rapidly end what little patience I may or may not possess.

MORE

Bless those who can interact with idiots and still keep their cool.

WTF

Another example of demanding special treatment of illegal immigrants.

MORE

Yeah, let the inmates run the asylum.

Grudgingly giving credit where it is due

For all my bitching about the American Media Maggots (h/t BZ) I think this news article is creditable. I find bias but note opinion from both sides are presented along with the name and city of those expressing opinions.

MORE

So rare, today.

Aging

My 79th Birthday has passed. An amazing number of people left good wishes on Falsebook. It surprises me that many people are still willing to speak to me. I thanked all individually then posted this.

Many thanks for the birthday wishes and calls. Today I count my blessings that I still have health, mobility, and purpose while avoiding the scourge of cancer, dementia, and Alzheimer's. Fortune has smiled on me.

Few of us know how many days we have left. When I leave or return to my apartment I see this reminder.

The jigsaw puzzle was contributed by one of Banner’s admirers.      

Science I can Support

MORE

Useful and beneficial. Now to see how the spin doctors can tie this to climate change (yep, I’m a cynic).

Drag Racing

While never a big fan of drag racing, I’ve watched a  few races here over the years.

MORE

It will be sad to see that site covered with ticky tacky condos and apartments.

The family is planning a new facility east of DIA.  Good luck with that. High "Karen" factor.

Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing

The Republicans flaying the Statsi director. Who believes anything concrete will come of it?

MORE

My personal opinion is Ken Buck is about as close to an honest congressman as to found in the D.C. sewer these days. Sisty probably doesn't agree.

Bottom Line First

Something that I learned early on in business; state the bottom line first. Then expand to details as necessary or desired.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I understand the need for “click bait”. Too often the talking head drones on and on without getting to the bottom line. That results in me either clicking off or zipping to the end.

A popular video I watch is Matt’s Off Road Recovery. It gets a million views. They usually start with, “We got a call for……………” Bottom line first. Details follow.

OK, WSF, you slipped in a rant. Hypocrite!

Climate Change Propaganda

Never ends, rarely accurate.

MORE

“Settled science” is regularly contradicted.

MORE

The cynics among us know scientific studies will find what those funding the studies want to be found.

What is needed is a study why public confidence in science studies is diminishing.  Yes, yes, Captain Obvious.

Gaia’s cycles span centuries. How arrogant of us mere mortals to think we can alter those cycles within our puny lifetimes.

As always, YMMV

9 comments:

LSP said...

Congrats on the 79th!

And what a good post. Lots going on but I'm curious about the illegal secret meetings. Huh.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
The excuse is the legislators can get more done in the limited time they are in session without all the bother of official records. Once this all took place in the back bar of the Ambassador Hotel across Colfax Ave from the Capitol Building.

drjim said...

Well, at least he's saying it upfront.

I'd rather read a Police Report from Greeley vs one from SoCal! We definitely have some serious felons on the loose or on the run here, but not like SoCal.

Don't like our laws and customs? DON'T COME HERE!

We ARE pissed. 'Nuff said....

And a belated Happy Birthday!

Sad to hear we're losing another storied race track. I never made it there, but I went to the drags at Pomona twice a year for the World Finals in October, and the Winternationals in February. I was always more into Road Racing and CART than NHRA and NASCAR, although I still watched those races.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
There are a couple of interesting ovals in the area. Colorado Speedway off I-25 near Dacono is paved and runs many different classes.

Ft Morgan has a dirt oval with the usual rural limited budget racing. Lots of fun to watch, easy access, and not too expensive.


The sole, to my knowledge, road course is miles away on Hwy 36 near Last Chance.

I'm not sure just what is the status of Pikes Peak Raceway by Pueblo.

drjim said...

I knew about the track at Dacano. It's a NASCAR "feeder circuit", and they also run those crazy little "Legend Cars". I didn't know it was paved; I thought it was dirt. I've been talking about taking TLG to see some races there. Looks like a family friendly place.

PPIR is still open for business. I get notifications of private driving events, but I don't want to track the car.

Wild, wild west said...

Happy birthday, WSF.

Wyoming is about the last place I'd have expected to see so many Karen's whining about free speech. Betcha they sang a different tune when Trump was in office.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Sisty and I have been to the Dacono track and it is family friendly. Those Legend cars are wild.

W.w.w.
Thank you.

Old NFO said...

Keep on stirring it up! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
I will so long as I'm functional.