Friday, February 5, 2016

Bitch and Moan

Tough start for the month. Everyday on our route something is closed. I-76 in Northeast Colorado. I-25 Cheyenne to Wheatland. My shift, Monday to Wednesday was three 14 hour days. 

Paul, who works Thursday to Saturday, is facing the same conditions. Black ice and blowing snow makes for a long day.

Had my first off road excursion in many years Tuesday. Asshole darted across the highway. Missed him but spun out into the median. Took out a delineator.


Two oilfield men stopped, got out a tow strap, and pulled me out. Got to love Wyoming people. Maybe karma for all the people I've pulled out over the years.

Wallowing around in the snow with a shovel, and crawling around in the snow finding a place to tie the tow rope, makes me realize I'm too fucking old for this shit. Developed a touch of a chest cold.

Maybe someday I will grow up, ya think?


11 comments:

Coffeypot said...

You can grow up when you are too old to do it anymore. Until then, keep on keeping on. I suggest a 5th of Jack Black a few ounces at at time, for the chest cold. It won't cure you, but you won't give a shit anyway.

Old NFO said...

Glad you're okay, and it's too late to grow up, we are what we are!!! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Good suggestion.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Yah, a rhetorical question.

DoninSacto1 said...

The last thing my Grampa told me "Live as long as you can, but don't ever get old."

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Can stop the body but am still working on the mind.

CenTexTim said...

I have a travel mug I bought at the Wheatland Travel Plaza a few years ago. I got it because it has the old Sinclair dinosaur logo on it. Nostalgia and all that...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Still many Sinclair stations in the area. That Travel Plaza once had good road food. Now it is SYSCO stuff if the A&W is closed.

Old NFO said...

True dat! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, NO...you will never grow up. And you have used up your common sense quota several times in the past few years. To paraphrase Popeye, "You am what you am".

Sisty

Well Seasoned Fool said...

And your point is?