Thursday, September 10, 2015

Irritations, Food Division

Today had a bite to eat at a Smashburger. Place was clean, the service fast, and the burger tasty although a bit salty.

I believe the owner was working. Man about fifty, looked like a retired linebacker, and well but discretely groomed. Asked me how I liked my meal. DAMN!

Why do these people ask you anything when they can plainly see you are chewing? I don't like to talk with my mouth full. Yet it happens over and over.

My internal response is, "Just fine until you started talking, you passive aggressive asshole". My external response is a grunt and a small wave.

Yep, WSF, you are  certainly leading a hard life with this being your current major problem!

8 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

All I can say is "Ditto."

What are they thinking?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Damned if I know. Someone comes over to me after I'm finished and says, "Looks like you enjoyed the food. Thanks for coming in" would make me feel special. Saying something to me as they are passing by is just irritating.

DoninSacto1 said...

I feel it is actually rude. They are trying to bring you into their schedule by the pass by conversation. If they really wanted your input they would come to you when you were finished. Just as rude to walk up while you are talking to your friend and interrupt with a (more coffee?)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Good to see I'm not alone.

Coffeypot said...

It also seems to me that if one is eating and not calling for the manager then everything is fine. Wait until one is finished and about to walk out the door to ask them how it was.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I agree but have never worked as a server trying to get a good tip so maybe there is something I'm not seeing.

Old NFO said...

I've always said they are TRAINED to come up when you have your mouth full... Sigh...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I almost always leave a tip (other than a fast food place) but it diminishes if I am irritated enough.