Sunday, June 16, 2013

Old Age and Change

For as long as I can remember, my blank checks have come in a small cardboard box. Last reorder came in a Folio. All pretty and everything, and probably easier to use. Ok, looked at them and put them in a drawer, then forgot them.

After using my last check, went looking for the box of blank ones. Tore the dwelling apart, looked through the vehicles, cursed and griped, but no checks. Must have put my hands on the damned folio several times in the process. Aarg!

Please, don't talk to me about online banking. The closest I've come is using the  Credit Union site  to check my balance, and print out copies of cancelled checks as needed.  In fact, still pissed I don't get my cancelled checks back.

Did I tell the Credit Union it was ok to change the way I get my checks? I don't think so.

Damn, I need to stop getting old, and, I need to get a life!

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

You're lucky, I have NO choice but to do online due to my schedule (or lack of)... When I finally quit, all that crap is done! New accounts and NO @#$% electronic stuff.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. I use direct deposit and a debit card. Never an "electronic" signature. Keep a minimum in the account; excess in "tangibles".

With your schedule, I can understand your use.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, but I'm 'always' nervous... Just sayin...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Nervous is good when it comes to banks and the government.