Sunday, September 16, 2012

Firearms Show

Damn, I dislike the term "gun". They are firearms, or weapons, or revolvers, or semi auto, etc. If the piece is a smooth bore, then it may be a "gun".  Many of us had drill sergeants that had effective ways of teaching you proper terminology. Enough of the rant, on with the show.

Smaller show with some eager sellers wanting to transfer their "paid too much" merchandise to a bigger fool. Saw my first "Liberator" pistol. Interesting, as was the $2,000+ "asking" price.
Something new to me, as in never seen on before, was a 1878 Verteli. No price was shown and I didn't bother asking. Heavy sucker.
One vendor had a display of Mausers manufactured in nine different countries. Seemed to be in nine different calibers.

While looking over a Ruger Mark I, noticed the young man next to me pointing the semi auto he was looking at directly towards my ample abdomen. He had his finger on the trigger. I asked him loudly, but politely, to not point it at me and to take his finger off the trigger. Said something to the effect that,  although unloaded, we should practice firearms safety at all times.  He first appeared startled, then bemused, but did point it away from me. The booth operator gave me a look like, "What is your problem"? so I just moved on.

My strongest temptation was a East German Makarov, 9x18, with three clips for $325. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a cheap shit. Oh Well.  There was a Ruger  Mark III for $200. Not a collector piece but one that had seen either a lot of use or spent it's life bouncing around in a glove box. Have this itch for a .22 semi. Took the sellers card - maybe a face to face at a later date.

So, $6 spent (with my Senior Discount) for two hours of amusement but no other money spent.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Not a bad day then (other than the idiot)!!!