Friday, September 14, 2012

Bad Drivers Rant


Police officers going ballistic should be excused when drivers with their head up their asses are involved. This morning, for instance.

Intersection of North Washington and 132nd Ave, Thornton, CO. has four lanes in all directions. First Thornton police car, emergency lights on, spotlights on, high beams on, and siren on turns West on 132nd from Northbound Washington. The light was green for Washington.  Second police car, same configuration as the first, come to the intersection with a green for 132nd. He stopped, and several Eastbound on 132nd vehicles pass in front of him/her. These fools had just been passed by the first police car going West. Yah thunk they might have got a clue? Finally, cars stopped.  Soon after, a third police car came Northbound on Washington. By this time I had cleared the intersection so didn’t see what happened.

Somehow, I don’t think they were rolling to do a backup on a Wal-Mart shoplifter.

Damn drivers lost in their little world, sound systems, and cell phones, focused three car lengths ahead, are dangerous.

Were I the officer in car #2, I would be looking at my video for license plates, and then hunt the miserable  s.o.b.’s down.

6 comments:

Ami said...

I pulled over for an ambulance on my way to work this morning. Saw him in my rear view quite a ways back. Not enough room to get completely off the road, but waaaay over. The driver behind me honked his horn and flipped me off as he whipped around me. Stupid dickhead. I wish I could say he'd been nearly taken out by the ambulance, but I pulled over far enough in advance that didn't happen.

I see a lot of distracted drivers. It's truly frightening.

Old NFO said...

Distracted, stupid, but the ones that REALLY piss me off are the ones that try to jump in behind the officers/Ambulance and get a 'free ride'...

Anonymous said...

Had a friend whose biggest pet peeve was having to pull over for emergency vehicles. "Why can't they just go around?" One day he was headed home and here they came, so of couse he pissed and moaned all the way home about the precious seconds he had lost for them, until he got home and fire trucks were in front of his house and it was on fire. He doesn't complain about them anymore.
DonD

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Ami.They are. Once ended a relationship because I couldn't stand they way she drove. She didn't think she had a problem.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Haven't seen that but it would piss me off. How about the drivers coming up on cars that have pulled over and passing them unstead of letting them pull back in (or is that what you meant?).

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ DonD. That's karma! Thanks for commenting.