Friday, May 7, 2010

Miscellaneous Irritants - Rant



We are not supposed to sweat the small stuff yada yada yada. A lot of the small stuff is what makes the temper boil. For instances, this roadside history exhibit. Someone, or some group, went to a lot of effort to create something pleasing, informative, and a tribute to a lot of hard working people. Then someone comes along and steals the information plaque.

My workday starts at 5 a.m. Every morning I see vehicles with headlights out or misaimed. Then you have the "lifted" big tired trucks or the high discharge lights. As I get older, the glare is a problem for me. I remember a time when law enforcement ticketed headlight violations with a vengeance. More than once, I saw them using a tape measure to see if the vehicle and lights were legal heights. Then again, I am such an old fart I remember synchronised traffic lights.

Guess I will continue to be irritated by the "small stuff". Probably a character defect.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's NOT small stuff WSF, it's stuff people 'should' be concerned about... sigh...

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good fight.

M

Anonymous said...

One of many character defects WSF....