Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Well Regulated Militia


Hoisted on my own petard, firearms control division per my last blog entry.

This morning sitting in a waiting room (car repairs) had a conversation with a couple of University of Northern Colorado graduate students. They have a sure fire idea for firearms control that respects the 2nd Amendment.

All firearms owners must be members of a militia. The militia will operate an armory where all firearms will be kept locked up. Owners can check out their privately owned firearms for approved purposes. 

They were quite pleased with themselves and their brilliant plan.


I didn’t argue, just nodded my head. Didn’t feel like wrestling with pigs this morning.

10 comments:

Ami said...

I'll bet they learned about logic in college!
Isn't that adorable?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Logic reinforcing their feelings, one presumes.

LL said...

The sad thing is that little turds like that submit papers to be graded and get "A"s on them.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Probably. They were so smugly proud of their idea. I didn't point out I've heard similar several times in the past.

Coffeypot said...

That is a great idea... until someone breaks into their home or threatens their family. Communism is even good on paper. But...

Brig said...

Graduate STUDENTS... no need to explain further...

Let's take away their phones until such times as they have fulfilled their contractual obligations to pay off their student loans, in full.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Some people need to be hit with a 2x4.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I like that idea!

Old NFO said...

Wow... I have no words... At least that aren't four letter ones...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sad situation.