Friday, August 21, 2015

Molesting Electrons

Broke down and got a new (refurbished) desktop with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with legal software. It is a HP 8000 bought through AAA Members program. $195 delivered.

Have it up and running. Being bombarded with ads and all the Windows Explorer crap. I use Google because that is what I know and all I am interested in learning. 

I use my AAA membership a lot. While it takes forever, it seems, to get through to the dispatcher, and longer for the tow truck to arrive, it does save a hit on the wallet. I like the free maps and avail myself.  A GPS is useful but I like to plot out my trips and Microsoft no longer supports Streets and Trips. 

When I was deciding on the computer, I asked an expert (my sister's assistant). She assured me the computer has far more capacity than I will ever use (1.8T). Hope she is correct.


5 comments:

  1. Glad AAA works for you. I quit it years ago when I broke down out in the sticks and the dispatcher refused to send a tow truck because I couldn't give her a cross street. Evidently "10 miles east of Fredonia on State Hwy 71" wasn't good enough.

    As for maps, MapQuest is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a place to be broken down if you mean Fredonia, AZ.

      Delete
    2. Fredonia TX - equally remote, but not as hot.

      Delete
  2. Yep, that'll work... Unless you take about 1000 pictures... :-D

    ReplyDelete