Friday, May 24, 2013

Paranoid or Inept? Or Both?





For Internet use, I mainly use Google and MSN + Explorer. At several “conservative”, “right wing rabble rousers”, “anti government” sites I encounter slow page loads, sometimes to the point of not loading at all. Same thing happens with anything dealing with firearms. Not all the time, but often, at these sites but while going “left”,  I seldom notice any problems.

Assuming most of the worker bees and managers at Google and MSN are “Progressives”, I wonder if some sabotage isn’t in play. Nah, we have “Net Neutrality”, don’t we? Must be some other reason Outlook “Smart Screen” always flags the GunAuction.com newsletter but never CommonDreams.com.

Being a lazy, set in my ways, senior citizen and Latter Day Luddite, I don’t care to use (learn) another browser. In addition, if the well hidden little assholes force me to go this route, they have won a very minor victory. Censor me? Fuck you!

Anyone else have this happen to them? 

7 comments:

Ami said...

Internet Explorer just sucks. period.
It always loads things SO s-l-o-w-l-y.

I use Mozilla Firefox, which works really well on everything. And it's not a matter of learning a new browser, it's very intuitive and simple to use.

Regarding 'are they doing it on purpose'... I wouldn't put it past them, but who knows?

Old NFO said...

If they're using a Barracuda firewall system, it's doing it too... And Ami is right, IE is just dog slow!

Scotty said...

I go back and forth between Chrome and Firefox...I've never experienced those problems, WF and I'm on Gun Auctions mailing list too.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami Rarely use IE. Used MSN premium until my DSL carrier stopped supporting it.

NFO To ignorant to know what a Barracuda firewall system is. I do know what a firewall is.

Scotty Mainly I use Chrome. I still get a lot of emails with Outlook which was a forced change for me. Have one msn.com email address that goes back to 2001.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Note to all. Bad spelling, bad grammar. To, too, two. Bad typing.

J.R.Shirley said...

Why does Google warn me this is an adult site, and I consent to not be offended before I can view it?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

JRS
Keeps my elderly aunts from yelling at me for bad language.