Sunday, July 26, 2026

Colorado, How Blue Can You Be?

 

Colorado’s Next Governor

With the Republican primary winner being shunned by the GOP’s ‘little’ shots, Whizzer will win. What will Colorado look like in four more years?

MORE

There is one kicker; the (P)regressive ‘little’ shots endorsed his opponent, Senator Do Nothing, in the primary. Will they now kiss and make up?

Snide observation. In the many of his campaign photos online, the crowds are caucasian

Modeling Tyranny

Since time immortal, farmers and herders have managed their efforts around local needs and conditions. That opposes the new world order – one world tyranny. Modeling is a blueprint for control; climate modeling being the most obvious

MORE

Settled science, nothing to see here folks, move along. The scientific community has never rigged a model to achieve a pre-determined outcome.

In this vein, the Democrat candidate for Congress in my district has a past that raises eyebrows among even leftist outlets.

MORE

TABOR (Taxpayers Bill of Rights)

Unique to the Colorado Constitution, this has throttled the (P)regressive Californication of Colorado ambitions since the state went blue. This is their newest attack. Surprise! It is for the children.

MORE

The Pustule on Journalism’s Ass

A local writer beloved by the radical left, who checks all the (P)regressive boxes, especially “I said it; it is a fact”, has an opinion piece that is worth reading, once. IMO, he clearly shows the stinking thinking that prevails in much of our population.

MORE

Interesting, Emperor Polis, architect of “The Blueprint”, is denouncing Democrat Socialism.


MORE

Cleaning his stable for a running at the 2028 Presidential nomination?

 Painful Listening

A neighbor is living with serious health issues. An amputee (one leg below the knee), bad heart, diabetes, and facing a partial amputations of his remaining leg, his doctor has advised him to get his affairs in order. Like me, he was a Combat Engineer. He needs a listener, and I listen.  I have no solutions for him beyond referring him to resources. As an example, a local attorney I trust. This attorney does criminal law but I trust him to make a referral to someone competent who can help him get his affairs in order. The Veterans Administration is another resource. What he does is up to him. I know he is considering suicide. His choice, I won’t interfere.  

No Waiting List for Fraud

People I personally know are sitting on waiting lists to receive even minor home care. Hang the bastards.

MORE

Creeping Correct Thinking

OccultBlackMetalZine can be found on this blog’s side bar. This is written by a son. His interest is off the deep end dark metal. He regularly gets berated for putting up offensive material. I don’t understand the genre but I visit his blog/zine once in awhile.

Evidently he is an influencer and receives music from all over the world to review. He suspects AI is behind  much of the negative comments. While the negativity and criticism bothers him, he isn’t about to change.

There is a point here. Who out in the big world even gives a shit what one man has been writing about for years? The genre that interests him is, in the grand scheme of thing, not even a rounding error.

Wolves

The wolf re-introduction is seeing some success. The survival of wolves born in Colorado seems higher than wolves introduced from elsewhere.

MORE

Good or bad?

Car Story

Floor Check

Most car dealers are subject to inventory checks, commonly called floor checks. Many times the inventory is “floored”, i.e. financed and the lender wants to make sure what they have financed is physically present.

For many years as part of my overall management duties, I conducted floor checks. When I did a floor check, I physically put my hand on every vehicle on the list. Then I went to the general manager’s office asking about discrepancies.

These meeting often produced drama. You would have the haughty, I’m too important to be questioned, entitled manager. You would have the manager who thought he/she could bluff me. Rarely, one would offer a bribe. A few even believed I could be intimidated. You are going to kick my ass? None of that worked. My report would determine whether or not they remained in their position.

“Oh, it is at the (detail, tire, body) shop”

“OK, what is the address so I can see it?”

Our Grand Junction store always seemed to have cars unaccounted for.

 “OK, I’m going to lunch. When I get back, I need to see the car”.

On my return the car would be parked out back. In the waiting room would be some young pissed off female hard belly.

Did I inform the owner and/or General Manager (the only two people who I answered to)? Usually, not. If they asked me, sure.

NOTE: Picture is for illustration but we often had 120+ vehicles in stock. All needed to be counted regardless of weather.

As always, YMMV

 

 

No comments: