Friday, January 20, 2017

Brilliance vs Bullshit


WARNING: A location specific rant. May interest only those who drive in Greeley, CO.

Old Saying. “if you can’t blind them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit”.

Or, spend money to create a dynamite YouTube video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWezZ-mdi84&feature=youtu.be

The reality for drivers is far different than what the city wants us to believe.

The auto repair shops benefit with more brake jobs and overheating repairs in the summer. Tow truck companies and body repair shops benefit from the collisions caused by speeders trying to beat the lights.


Personal experience?  Drive the speed limit and you will catch the majority of traffic lights red.

8 comments:

LL said...

The video shows the city fathers being very proud of themselves.

I'm glad that I don't have to drive through Greeley, Colorado. Furthermore, I'm glad that I don't have to drive through the Denver Corridor. Living in Southern California for a couple more months or so, I endure traffic - endlessly. But that is about to change. There is not much traffic in or around Happy Jack, Arizona.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

And I will envy you. Aside, this is one CO driver who thinks CA drivers are a lot better than CO drivers, excluding winter driving.

drjim said...

The city of Carson, CA seems to have their lights timed to IMPEDE the flow of traffic.

I dread taking any route that goes through Carson.

And I've learned enough shortcuts that I no longer have to drive on 287/College Ave through the middle of Fort Collins to get to where I want to go!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

It takes a compelling reason for me to visit Ft. Collins. Usually, it is to get to Hwy 14 and North Park. Instead of Hwy 287 to Laramie, I will drive the extra 25 miles to Cheyenne and take I-80 to Laramie. The lights are timed better in Ft. Collins than Greeley, just more of them.

GruntOfMonteCristo said...

I think you're right. That's maybe just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to purposeful incompetence on the city level. I drive through Greeley regularly, as well - mostly because I have a kid at UNC. Right now, the worst problem is all the whiney leftist students complaining about our new POTUS and the stupid campus policies that make it dangerous to be a male student. Or a conservative student, especially.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

UNC started life as a teachers college - still is, for the most part. Tough to be a conservative on a liberal campus. I speak as an alumni of Meeeetro State.

drjim said...

Next time you have a reason to visit Fort Collins, try The Silver Grill Cafe.

Excellent food and service!

http://www.silvergrill.com/

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I'll remember that.