Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Lottery



Coffeypot recently blogged about NOT winning the huge Powerball.


Once hit 5 of 6 numbers on the Washington State Lottery. The big prize was $3,000,000,  which had two winners. Oh well, while $1,500,000 would have been great,  I was happy with my $560 or so.  Then I learned one of the two big winners was Louise F., a woman who was a thorn in my side. We mutually detested each other.

She did the payroll at the car dealership where I worked. Every month my “washout” (end of the month settlement) check would be wrong, often by several hundred dollars. Strangely, I was never overpaid. I would go over my records, give the correct amounts per deal to my boss (we mere salespeople couldn’t talk directly to her) and have him get it fixed. Her usually response was, “I’ll put it on his next month’s check”. Bullshit! So, four or five days later I would get a supplemental check. She would have my boss pass onto to me her displeasure.

I did begrudge the miserable bitch her winnings, but consoled myself that she would now quit her job. Oh hell no! She put it all in the Credit Union and kept on working (and messing up my pay).

Guess it was all my fault for not responding favorably to her flirtatious behavior at a party. Alcohol was involved, on her part. On my part, there wasn’t enough alcohol ever distilled to ……. Ah well, enough said.

Once worked with a man who learned his ex wife won an Indiana lottery prize. He called her and said, “Darling, great news! I’m taking you back”! Her response, “Oh, you’re funny”. 

4 comments:

Scotty said...

We hit for 5500bux. It was back when the big screen TVs were starting to blossom. We made the decision, let's get one!

We shopped and we shopped, funny thing, we(the wife and I) couldn't bring ourselves to spend a 1,000 plus on a TV. Despite our windfall.

Old habits die hard I suppose. We now have a 43 inch and we're too cheap to pay the extra money for HD on DirectTV. Of course, since those early days prices have dropped a LOT.

I STILL shake my head and would have never thought I'd be paying almost a hundred bux a month to watch TV. But, I could never live without my motorsports so I'm doomed to pay the price.

BTW after that lotto windfall....we stuck with our old 25 inch for many years after.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Scotty Coming up on three years without television. Miss a few things but not all the damned commercials. Occasionally turn on the TV at a motel. Usually end up turning it off. Sometimes get the itch when I see all the flat panel big screen stuff in a store, but not enough to spend the money.

Old NFO said...

LOL, at least you actually KNOW someone who made some $$ off the lottery... :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Just wish it was someone I like!