Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Range Report


Took the Savage Model 60 .22 to the range to check out the new sight. Looks like my grandchildren will be receiving another .22.

My eyes are at the point I couldn’t hit a target at 50 yards. Just to make sure, asked another shooter to try. He had no problem. Stings a little to realize age is catching up with me.

Took the revolver over to the 7 yard range. Two handed, double action, and using my left eye (the one without macular degeneration) put all five on paper. Not great, but good enough for self defense purposes.

I do like the holster I got from Charter Arms. No issues of any kind. Holds the Bulldog secure while being easy to draw and reholster.

Almost always something to see at a range. This gentleman plans to go elk hunting with this flintlock. 

He is planning a four day hunt. First two days with the flintlock and then two days with his rifle assuming he doesn’t get an elk with the flintlock.

Sometime back Pete Grant

bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com

mentioned binoculars he purchased. His review sounded interesting for the price so I order one. I’m pleased with the clarity, even with my eyes, and they now have a permanent home in my truck.

The Baker Draw Designated Shooting Area


is a 45 minute drive for me but worth the trip. Before this we used a couple of gullies about a mile North of this site that was, “one of those ranges”.

It is fair to say the place is remote.

The Pawnee National Grasslands is a favorite place of mine that I visit frequently.


It takes some “looking” to see the variety of animal and bird life the area hosts. 


The Rattlesnake Buttes in James A. Michener’s book Centennial are the Pawnee Buttes.

 A “birder” drive is established with way points and information signs. While not a “birder” I do enjoy the loop.

No comments: