Friday, July 21, 2023

Climate Change Money Trough


 Going Green Full Throttle

With no good evidence to prove it, I’ve always believed locals are being paid off by Vestas to ease their way.

MORE

On the other hand all those jobs are welcome.

XCEL Energy

They sent an email with a multi question survey. Big whoop, a $100 WalMart gift card given to the lucky 100 respondents who filed out the questionnaire.  The questions were written in a way to get the response Xcel wants. Reminded me of the surveys the Dems sent me until I unsubscribed. I doubt Xcel will appreciate my remarks.

Bat Shit Crazy

The spillover of strong evidence COVID started in a Chinese lab keeps people on edge. Witness the butt hurt of “scientists” over public skeptics about a bat research lab to be built in Ft Collins.

MORE

There are good reasons for doing this research.

MORE

I have some confidence in the integrity of Colorado State University (Go Aggies!) but can agree with the doubters. This needs careful ongoing monitoring IMO.

As to the butthurt “scientists” your silence and go along, get along means you no longer have the benefit of doubt with a large part of the population.

Banner – The Accidental Hero

We have a routine. In the elevator I take off his harness and when we arrive at our floor he gallops down the hall looking for treats neighbors often leave for him. He makes a lot of noise.

My 86 year old neighbor had fallen and lay on the floor for four hours. She had managed to crawl to her door. When she heard Banner running she managed to open her door and call out to me.

With the help of other neighbors we were able to get her up and the neighbor’s wife helped her with clean clothes.

My neighbor said she was so happy to hear Banner running down the hall.

Yes, we have talked to her about an alert button or a holster for her cell phone. The lady is a tad bit stubborn.

In other Banner news he has a new collar that not only provides contrast but is reflective. He doesn’t care but the ladies in the building are complimentary.

Found on Falsebook

When I say “I’ll figure it out” I mean I’ll just adapt to whatever new level of hell is coming.

 Seems spot on.

 Coming Retail Automobile Market Crash

I’ve written about it in previous blogs. This YouTuber does a good job explaining what is happening.

MORE

Disclaimer. The video contains ads. I won’t offer an opinion on their products. Caveat emptor.

Idaho University Murders

I’m no true crime junkie. Once in awhile I come across something that interests me. I like this lawyer and enjoy his posts. 

MORE

Lesson here is being a hick police force is no guarantee that the police force isn’t damn good at policing.

As always, YMMV



 

 

10 comments:

drjim said...

This is the first place I've lived where I notice the bats. They're out around sunset when it's starting get dark, and zoom all around like they're having a dogfight. Gathering insects, I presume.

Good Boy, Banner! He's sure getting grey compared to the first time I met him, but then so is Pebbles.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Too bad there isn't 'Just for Dogs'. He has gotten much grayer this past few months. He is ten going on eleven as far as I know.

I've seen bats all my life but not in huge numbers. I doubt most people are in no danger from diseases if they stay away from where the bats roost. Back to the old mountain men's advice, "Don't go bothering something that ain't bothering you".

Ritchie said...

When I lived in Condo Paradise, I picked up a cheap IR thermometer. One of the things I used it for was checking the temp of hallway doors during random fire alarms.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ritche
Not a bad idea given some of my neighbors. One woman microwaved her Ramen without adding water as an example.

Old NFO said...

Glad you and Banner got a 'save'! And yes, bats do eat a bunch of bugs! Sadly most people are scared of them because they are so quiet.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
There has been an increase in "treats" scattered in the hall. Banner doesn't mind.

I'm all in on anything that eats mosquitoes.

Wild, wild west said...

The cheap IR handheld "point-n-shoot" devices are good for gross temperature detection and are quite affordable and accessible via Amazon. They're certainly better than nothing. For twenty or thirty bucks, shipped, they ain't bad, as long as you understand their limitations.

The limitations are from an accuracy standpoint. Most of the cheap units send out a cone-shaped signal that is only accurate at one specific distance, usually fairly short, 18" or so, and shooting anything farther or closer than that specific distance can be wildly inaccurate if you're looking for any kind of precision, like for how hot is that expensive big-arsed gearbox or bearing actually running. And assuming the object you're shooting is in the center of the cone.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.w.w.
Good information. Some of the YouTube shows I watch have folks using them.

LSP said...

Good Banner!

BTW, family just rescued my Mother in Law from a facility where she was starving and on the point of dying. I'll spare you the detail but was heinous. She's safe now and can enjoy her last year or so with some kind of dignity, surrounded by people who love her. So.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
I assume your MIL lives in Canada. Sickening how the cancer that radiates from Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver sickens a whole country of decent folks. I've always liked Canadians although I find many to be a bit full of themselves.

My neighbor was taken to the hospital and still hasn't returned. Banner continues to be applauded by our community. He graciously accepts the attention.