Sunday, December 16, 2018

Whee!


From the local rag. Good job by the deputies. The driver is someone we had dealings with a few years ago in the car biz.


His companions seem to be well on the road to a life of crime at a rather tender age.

Reminds me of another individual from the car biz who violated a restraining order by damaging his former finance’s car parked by a security camera. Got to love that video evidence if you are a prosecutor.

And on an otherwise dull Sunday, there was a stabbing at the local Goodwill store. No details. What is so valuable at a Goodwill store worth a knife fight?

Saturday I was once again reminded how much I respect big rig drivers. 60+ mph wind gusts along I-25 and I-80 in Wyoming. The company Yaris was quite lively. Coffee got lukewarm in the cup holder – two hands on the wheel drive.

Received a notice from the management company they are raising my lease 27% in February. COLOEXIT is looking more attractive by the day.


5 comments:

drjim said...

27% bump? OUCH!

When was the last time they raised it?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

They raise it every year but $25 to $35. This bump is $145.

drjim said...

Is the current rate below "market value"? The landlord at the last place I lived in before moving in with the wife-to-be and I would talk about 'market value' and renter retention. He told me he'd rather be a little low on the rent as long as his renters were good, stable, pay-on-time renters.

LL said...

Sorry that you're being gouged by the landlord. You have to go where it works for you. Wyoming is nice but the winters are wicked. I like Cody and Lander, but it's not cheap to live in that part of the state. The housing market is tight. What about Southern Idaho or northern Utah?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Think the increase is related to my complaints about the a/c not being repaired/replaced.

LL
Cheyenne works best for me. Winter is winter so long as I'm not in Wamsutter.