Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Sister Kink

One of the hardest workers I’ve ever met has gotten herself into trouble. Lori Saine, a Colorado State Representative, was arrested for carrying a firearm through the TSA Checkpoint at Denver International Airport. My guess? She has been carrying for so long she forgot she had it.


Lori and I worked in car sales for the same organization. She was a ferocious competitor and hated me for being just a tad bit better. Later, I recommended her to be the manager of a used lot we opened in Windsor, CO. She didn’t like me as a boss any better than as a co-worker. Oh, well.

 Across the street was a radio station employing Dudley Brown, a controversial figure in 2nd Amendment issues. They became acquainted.


With his encouragement and support she entered politics.

I called her Sister Kink. The name had to do with the way she sold cars. I know nothing, nor care, about her private life. Her husband is an exceptional RV salesman. He endorsed her nickname when he heard it.

We operated in Windsor out of a tastefully and professionally remodeled gas station. Very attractive. In the rear two drive in bays were retained. We kept high value vehicles in them at night.

 Once, after a vicious blizzard, the yokel we hired to plow the lot left an eave high mound of plowed ice and snow blocking one bay and trapping a car. Someone at another of our lots wanted the car and started raising hell. I arrived to find Lori, all 5’ of her, attacking the mound with a snow shovel. No. I put a stop to that immediately, and shut up those demanding the car in my usual gentle and tactful way.

Left to her own devices without someone (me, usually) monitoring, her ethics, those of a starving piranha, would cause a lot of heat. Such is life in the car business.

As a manager, I cared about three things. Can you do the job? Can you be relied upon to be there when the store is open? Can you be trusted with money? Lori was a solid “YES”.

I wish her luck with her current problem.


13 comments:

LL said...

The problem can be a career ender or it can go away. The fact that it didn't go away quietly suggests that she doesn't have the necessary stroke to keep it from being a career ender.

LL said...

One more comment. She can behave like a hungry piraña but she can't bite everyone around her or they don't 'fix' the problem.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

She is the type to have allies rather than friends.

LL said...

Somebody has to put themselves in the crosshairs (potentially) to help you in that situation. Apparently nobody did and she went to jail. The situation is explainable. Nobody helped her explain... nobody owed her any favors.

Fredd said...

TSA found a handgun?

That has to be a first. Those idiots couldn't find their assholes without a year of training first.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I'm sure you are right. I'm also sure her usual belligerent mouth didn't help.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

What fun it is with them if you have a pacemaker. Assholes!

Old NFO said...

Ouch... And she's a Republican, so of course no help...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Not in solid blue Denver County.

Anonymous said...

She should ride it out. Accept she broke the law by mistake and ignore the liberal condemnations. Keep her job, her constituents will forgive her.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

She most definitely isn't a quitter.

Momma Fargo said...

Oh shit. I did that once with a knife. Never did get it back. Dammit. At least I did not get arrested. Also got a wine opener seized once too. Oiks.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Once went through the hassle of checking a revolver. Got to the airport and hour early and needed the time. Locked the case in front of the TSA dude. Case went into my locked and checked bag. At my destination, found my revolver covered with smudges.