Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Santa's Little Helper II


Need some cheese to go along with my whine. My co-driver partner does numerous Santa gigs in December. I go flex mode to accommodate his schedule. I’m feeling my age tonight and am looking forward to five days off.


This has been a tough month on the route. 50+ mph winds, nasty snow storms, and wind chill factors down to -40° F haven’t been fun.

 I’m an old Rocky Mountain lad and we learn to cope with this growing up. Cows must be milked, stock must be fed, and transport must go through.  Next summer I will have 60 years as a licensed driver behind me and I was driving without a license at an earlier age. But damn, I don’t recover as quick!

My employer recognizes our challenge and puts the best snow tires available on the car. Fine, until some fuckup takes the keys. This morning I had to take a backup vehicle with all season tires. Aarg!

Not everyone minds the weather.


My supervisor views me thusly.



And now I’m going to have some wine with my whine.

8 comments:

Brig said...

I'm dang glad you are getting a few days off!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I really need it.

LL said...

Sleep, play a little bit, go out and get a nice meal and maybe see a movie. You deserve it.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Good advice.

Old NFO said...

Oh, THAT had to be a fun drive... Yes, enjoy the down time, and Happy New Year to you!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Per my co-driver, I-25 was closed North of Cheyenne this morning. Zero visibility in blowing snow.

drjim said...

I was listening to the weather channel today, and finally got caught up on the big picture.

It's our first winter here, and I'm keeping close watch....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Same as Northern Illinois. Don't let your gas tank get below 1/2. Bad weather can come too fast for any forecast.