Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Compliment

She liked new and shiny. I liked no debt and six months living expenses in the bank. Somehow we stayed married 22 years before she split and left me with two young sons to rear. 

In later years she lived with my youngest son, supposedly to provide child care. One day she gave me a wonderful compliment, saying to my son,

“You are cheaper than your father!”


Yes, he grew up with good values. 

Middle son reported complaints during his short marriage along the same lines.

 When did living within your means and having money in the bank become a loathsome lifestyle?

6 comments:

Ami said...

Penny Pincher

Ami said...

Also, we raised cheap kids. And we're proud of that, they don't carry crushing loads of debt, have paid off anything they owe promptly and they're not out there getting the latest and greatest. Brings a tear to my eye.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Mine, too.

Old NFO said...

When keeping up with the Jones' became the norm, rather than the exception!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Yep!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Some of us didn't care.