Friday, October 28, 2016

First World Problems


Yesterday the spigot came off the sink. Guess fate decided that I needed a shower and the floor needed mopped.

Since I live in an apartment, called the property manager. She and the plumber show up. The plumber decides the gaskets are worn out (after I showed him how to disassemble the spigot). After going out to his truck, he decided nothing he had fit and, with the property manager’s approval, a complete new faucet was needed.

“I’ll be back first thing in the morning”, he stated.

Evidently his definition of ‘first thing in the morning’ and mine differ.

Maybe I’m at a point in my life where time is more valuable than money. I easily could have visited ACE Hardware yesterday afternoon, bought a faucet assembly, and installed it myself last night.

What was on the schedule this morning was picking up my lap top from the techies who are allegedly sorting out some issues followed by salvage yard crawls looking for Bronco II body parts and front seats from a first generation Mitsubishi Montero/Dodge Raider. Some forums say they will bolt right into my Mighty Max.  I prefer to do this early while it is still cool.




Instead, I’m sitting at a keyboard whining (and out of cheese).


On the positive side, did get to spend some time chatting with the property manager. She is one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met and, at 40, HOT HOT HOT, not that I notice things like that.

UPDATE: Turns out 'first thing in the morning' is 11:10.

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Coffeypot has left a new comment on your post "First World Problems":

I guess, if it is a good post, post it twice. That way you can get double the comments.

Or not, if you delete one duplicate.

Old NFO said...

Wow... I didn't think the plumbers were doing the three-four hour thing... sigh

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Frustrating.