Thursday, September 29, 2016

Another Good Man Gone


Hal Swift, noted Reno resident and a great friend to my sister and niece.


From my sister’s Facebook page.

This man was a wonderful mentor to me and my family. The stories we have are many and some shouldn't be shared with everyone. He was our minister but was a dear friend. My heart is breaking even though I knew that at some point in time he was going to make his transition. LUVS and blessings~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~my friend.


Hal and my late brother-in-law were great friends and fellow poets. I will always remember Hal’s great kindness and quiet compassion at the memorial service despite his own deep grief. 

Truly one of the good men.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make your sister have leaky eyes!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

One of my many services.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for all.

drjim said...

My condolences, and may he Rest In Peace....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you.