Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rudderless Ship of State




Dick Morris had a disturbing video up on 11/5, talking about how Obama’s lies will start hampering his ability to maneuver. He goes on to talk about past Presidents and how their lies and/or missteps hampered them. A similar article appeared in PJ Media. Worth a listen/read.


 
None of this prompts any joy on my part. While I loath him, his cronies, and the Chicago style politics, we are stuck with him. We don’t need another Jimmy Carter sitting in the Rose Garden picking fuzz off his sweater. As a rudderless ship of state wanders, the Rahl Emanuels of the world flourish, pushing their own agendas. I came of age during the Johnson Administration and the chaos of Vietnam and the stateside riots. I don’t want to see that again.

Another view, in PJ Media, of the Middle East and the Lightbringer.


Maybe I like this because I’ve always believed we should stay the hell out of their affairs and let them settle their own problems. It is not our job to change the world. Yes, I am an isolationist.

Just finishing reading, “All Hands Down” by Kenneth Sewell, a book about the loss of the USS Scorpion. My biggest conclusion is Walker should be taken to sea and dumped into shark filled waters several minutes after several buckets of chum have been dumped.

Don’t know why a landlubber like me is interested in things Navy. The closest I’ve been was a trip on a troop ship, and operating a 27’ Bridge Erection Boat in the Engineers. Many less enlightened relatives were, or are currently, sailors. We even have a couple of naval infantry in the mix.

Here is a nasty threat looming regarding Obamacare. Have children, don’t have health insurance? Expect a visit from Child Protective Services.


The move is proceeding on schedule. The recently acquired property inspection client I’ve dropped. What they required was too much brain damage for not enough money. Shocking, to those who know me, was a sober reflection of the risks verses my age. Climbing around snow covered structures taking measurements is dangerous, and I don’t heal as fast as in my younger days. Someone will undoubtedly accuse me of using common sense. Alas, I must carry that burden.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sigh... Not going to end well, and when there is NO budget, that brings the military to a screeching halt for planning, but amazingly all the free cheese keeps going out like clockwork... And the loss of prestige and lack of clear direction IS putting us right in a number of bad guys crosshairs, because they believe (rightfully) that we can't/won't respond to attacks...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

You sum it up much better thsn me. Thank you!