Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fighting Against Gun Control



So discouraged by the Lightbringer’s reelection, swore off politics. Then, Sandy Hook happened, and, once again, I am reminded why I keep involved.

The State senator from my district chairs the Appropriations Committee. I’ve always voted for her and contributed to her campaign. Don’t always agree with her politics, but have always found her to be fair minded. I think she and her husband are honest people. Certainly, their lifestyle (home, vehicles) isn’t extravagant. Honesty and integrity are more important, to me, than political ideology (plus her recent opponent is a piece of work).

Larry Correia (Monster Hunter Nation) wrote an fine piece on gun control.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

I copied all fourteen pages and sent it to my Senator with a brief cover letter asking her to take the time to read it. Since she knows me. I think she will read it. Will it do any good? I don’t know. Certainly, won’t do any harm.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Here's hoping it WILL help...

Ami said...

I read that piece. I thought it was amazing. But the people who don't want those scary guns all around us won't read it. If they were forced to read it, they would not believe it.

I hope that your senator reads it and understands it. We could use people with intelligence on our side.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Can't do much at the national level. Hope to do something at the state level.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Ami. The Dems have control of both houses in this state. She is the most powerful of the Senators. She will also go against her party; has several times. We shall see.

Scotty said...

I read Larry's piece a few days ago....excellent!

I stopped by my favorite gun shop yesterday to window shop. The owner told me that a guy came in that morning and bought every 9mm round he had on the shelves....sounds like some more nervous folks out there, eh? I can't blame them!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Scotty. My local FFL sells out as fast as he gets it. I can still find .44 Special but would rather pay a local reloader for mine. Prices? Way too high for my wallet.