Monday, November 5, 2012

Denver Police Department - Two Tone Deaf Cops

When you are in the public eye, you are always setting an example; good, bad, or indifferent.

Sunday A.M. I am going from Eastbound I-70 onto Pena Blvd towards DIA. Pena is four lanes and I am in the left lane.  In the mirror I see a police car coming up behind me,  fast. Move over to the right lane (with a quick look at my speedometer). He passes, and another cruiser is behind him. Both solo cars. Neither with lights or sirens on. They exit at East 56th Ave and head Eastbound towards Tower Blvd and MacDonald's.

Now it is possible they were responding to a disturbance, at 6:45 A.M.,  on Sunday, at a MacDonald's. Or, it is possible, they left the District 5 roll call, went on patrol, and stopped for breakfast. And were speeding, 10 to 15 miles over the limit, because they can. Which is arrogant, and contemptuous towards the general public.

So why do I give a shit? Damned if I know; it just pissed me off.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, arrogance... plain and simple...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. That department has written the book on police scandals, for decades. On the other hand, a senior detective got one of my son's stuff back after a break in. Son was able to give him several solid leads.

Ami said...

Cops here will pull up at a red light and turn on flashing lights... everyone will stop, cop goes thru intersection, then turns lights back off.

Fuckers.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Ami. I've seen that around here.