Monday, September 19, 2011

Obama Press Conference


When you drive prototype and pre production vehicles, you can end up on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Such was the case this morning so I listened to the Lightbringer's press harrange. (Silly me, I thought press conferences included questions from the press). Heard it on Sirius POTOUS.

Good speach. Better if it had come a month or two after his inaguration but a hint that he is starting to "get it".

What hasn't changed is the arrogance/ineptitude. His speech started twenty six minutes late. This is his pattern. Total disrespect for other's time.

I've worked for a few, "The meeting doesn't start until I get there" types. I never worked for them very long. While I was working for them, I didn't respect them or much care for what they wanted. I can't remember one whose business prospered.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good point... and at least the radio worked :-) Usually when I broke down, the car was DEAD right there...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO Everything worked except the cooling system. Severe overheating; the boss wanted it back on a wrecker and was not please when it took 4+ hours.

These manufacturers are spending serious money on testing. This was a 400 or so HP V-8 that didn't like 6 % grade, 10 mph corners at 10,000 feet. Have no idea if the engine was stock or planned production - we are rarely told.

Good sound system! Bad part of the job; can't exceed the speed limit and black boxed equipped. This particular vehicle will easily do 140+.