Friday, September 9, 2011

Holler


Our country has a rich tradition of citizens speaking up. This results in someone being pissed off, usually a public official or politician. Contempt of cop comes to mind. Down at city hall dealing with some busybody who just wants you to go away is another. Politicians at town hall meetings nattering about "civility" are discomforted.

TSA? A couple I know have a child with medical problems. This child has been exposed to numerous x-rays in a short period of time. They refused to allow their child to go through a backscatter scanner. TSA went off on them and the mother went off on TSA. When I heard this, my response was, "Good for you"!

The old counter culture cry of "Resist Authority" still has validity. Whenever and wherever we encounter abusive authority, we need to holler. We need to support others who holler. We defeat abuse by standing up to it. Don't be bullied!

I'm not suggesting you be vulgar or engage in personal attacks. I do encourage going up the chain of command and putting the heat on those who are normally insulated from the "unwashed masses". Remember, you attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

The most effective person I know at doing this is my little sister. She starts out, "Honey, you don't get paid enough to get yelled at by me. Who in this place does"? Believe me when I say super important corner office occupant is about to have their day disrupted.

Most folks want to avoid conflict and just live their lives in peace and quiet. Sorry, I don't think that works. Don't be a sheeple. Suck it up and start hollering!

For a variety of reasons, MSN is my browser. Their liberal bias is blatant. Imagine my surprise to read a very negative view of the Lightbringer’s jobs speech.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44449392/ns/politics-white_house/

Is it possible reality is setting in? No matter how much you may like the man (or not), he is in over his head. Unfortunately, we are all with him.

Different subject. A young friend is again blogging. Sometimes a younger perspective is interesting. Check him out if you will.

http://beamanifyoucan.blogspot.com/



On the road for a week; light or no blogging or comments. Still working on getting another laptop or getting back one of two “loaned” to offspring.

And now advice from my friend Hal Swift.

Never carry soda pop in your saddle bags.
And, if y'do, always let the New Guy open the first one.

My cowboy friend, Dave P. Fisher, added to my observation about not carrying soda pop in your saddle bag. He said, "Don't open it on horseback, either. It sounds like a big snake."

Stay safe - see you in a week.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your sister's approach!

Old NFO said...

Good points WSF, and travel safe!

Pens Of The abyss said...

I want to go to washington and spray paint this post on the side of the white house. For goodness sake, we should speak up when ever possible. Dont be pushed around and treaded on

FDIL said...

Oh if you could only learn from your beautiful sister! I always knew she got the brains and the beauty! LOL

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@Suz She gets results.

@ NFO Thank you.

@396 Schedule a trip!

@FDIL She already loves you - no need to suck up!!!! (Evil laugh)

Terrible how the most important women in my life gang up on me. My only hope are the grnddaughters and grand niece.

FDIL said...

No hope for you there (granddaughters and grand niece). We have plenty of years to corrupt their brains and show them the RIGHT way of thinking! LOL

Anonymous said...

Remember, we are raising them up & training them in the right way. YOU ARE SUNK!!! Deal with it.

Sisty

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Right, you are raising them,which, being young ladies, means they will fight you every step of the way (as you did to your mothers. I can be the benevolent, handsome, and charming older male they can safely adore! Tsk Tsk

Anonymous said...

Ok, they can adore you. The rest is questionable.

Sisty

FDIL said...

I didn't fight my mother! I was the good and responsible child! That's not to say my daughters don't try to persuade me to their way of thinking on occasion. However, as I believe you have said before, Old age and treachery will always beat out youth and perceived skill! As far as being benevolent, handsome and charming, I think you have yourself confused with your youngest son. Although I can't say I blame you for it. LOL