Saturday, July 23, 2011

Does Rosetta Stone Cover This?

Atlanta airport, two and a half hours between flights, looking for something to eat. Willing to pay double the street price but not triple. Find a Burger King. Young lady, Lathisa, at the register. Problems begin.

Lathisa speaks a language something like English, speaks rapidly, and has what my Toastmistress mother calls lazy lips. She is very up tempo, busy, busy, busy, keep the line moving. I speak Rocky Mountain. We don’t understand each other. I assume she is asking for my order, so I ask for a #3. Did not ask for it “my way”, just a #3. OK, next comes a series of questions. Not understanding a damn thing, but being a Burger King vet, I think she is asking, small, medium or large? We get past the “small”. Now for the drink. “Tea”. Silly me; hot tea, iced tea, sweet tea. She finally accepts my order and I pay. I don’t know what I ordered until the bag was tossed my way and the cup put in front of me.

Ah, travel. Broaden your horizons and enrich your experiences. Bite me.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah... sigh... Travel is SUCH fun. At least you didn't end up with a fish sandwich.