Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Buttons Needed


Youngest son was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for his work on a three week training exercise. The exercise had almost triple digit casualties; accidents, shock, hypothermia, heart attacks, etc. Nearly two score needed to be air lifted. This was his first real test dealing with real people and not training androids. Seems he passed the test!

Proud alone doesn’t describe how I feel. More like humble.

His reaction? “That is my job and it is 50 promotion points.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have felt proud. I am so glad he is doing good. I hope he sticks with it and retires from it

Snigglefrits said...

Congratulations to your son! You have a right to be proud and despite his reaction, I'm sure he is too. ;)

Old NFO said...

Yep, he GOT the important part... the promotion points! :-) Good on him for the outstanding job!